Saturday, May 22, 2010

25 Random things About Eric, a look into the making of a Glassman

1. I was born in Germany on an American Army base and was this close to being named after my biological father. Jean Francois is cool if you have a French accent but in America I would have been known as Gene Francis. TY mom.

2. I went to church every Sunday until I was 17 but do not believe in God. I still pray for other from time to time, as I would hate for them to miss out if I was wrong.

3. As much as I love being out and about I will always think the most fun you can have would include: a bottle of wine, comfy cloths, an intelligent woman, some great conversation, an oversized couch, and a great movie.

4. I don’t watch TV at all. Other than football I’m not sure that I’ve seen more then 2 or 3 hours of TV this year. I do love TV shows and movies on DVD. I can use when I’m done with a hard workout and need to veg.

5. In 5th grade I won a young writers award and was one of 8 people from my entire school to get to go the local high school for a week long young writer’s camp. My spelling and grammar skills may have peaked at 11.

6. I’m not a big fan of heights but I am really only scared of electricity.

7. I will always pick a monthly out of town race over a car payment. My dad always told me as long as your car is dependable; it’s about how much you want to pay to look good. But if I had extra money I may indulge myself

8. I do endurance events because it’s the one thing I have found that breaks you down and really gives you a chance to see what you’re made off. Everyone can talk a good game but hours into an adventure, not everyone has what it takes to continue to move forward.

9. My 2 biggest pet peeves are people who are continually late and those who use the word “only” before describing an accomplishment. If you’re a marathoner you can “only” be doing a 5k. If you are new to running you better be damn proud that you’re doing a 5k. Never downplay an accomplishment, if you worked towards a goal and accomplished it be proud.

10. My most memorable moment was when I cut the last out and back, on my first real race. It was a 100k mtn bike ride and every time I even think about not finishing something I remember that day. I rode 57 out of 62 miles and those 5 miles that I didn’t do are the only thing I remember about the entire adventure.

11. As snooty as it may should I do think that I’m better than most people. You would be surprised to know how many people are content with just watching life go by from the couch. I find this unacceptable.

12. I would love to go to cooking, massage, and law school for personal enrichment.

13. If I had a fire and could only grab 2 things, they would be my HRC shot glasses and race medals. Every one of them has a story. Pictures would have been first but I could replace most of them online.

14. People who play the victim disgust me. Sometimes you make bad decisions or life screws you over and I’m ok with that. When you start using it as an excuse for not working at things anymore then I have a problem.

15. I was given the opportunity to repeat the 6th grade after missing too much school from suspensions.

16. I love to read and have read 30 or so books in the last 2 years. I’ve read Ultramarathon man 6 times and my second favorite books are the girl with a dragon tattoo series.

17. You know you’ll get an honest answer from me and be glad I learned the difference between being honest and just being an ass. (Some may argue this one) be warned I am all talk with some things but most of what I say in truly genuine.

18. My biggest accomplishment is my B- in Finite Math. I worked so hard to pass that class I and boy do I hate math.

19. Although I was among the top 5% in my medical classes in the Army Reserves I very quickly learned that I cannot deal with watching other people suffer.

20. I plan most of my travels around Hard Rock CafĂ©’s so I can grab a shot glass. The food is horrible and expensive but it gives me a reason to travel and has a great atmosphere.

21. I truly believe you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with. I will not be friends with you unless you have something to bring to the table. Sounds rude but I really think people should inspire those important to them. This doesn’t mean I will be rude or ignore you as everyone offers something that I can learn.

22. I love movies and enjoy all genres. Yep even the chick flicks/ ok well some of them.

23. I make a conscious effort to make at least 5 people smile a day.

24. I love to try everything and work hard to be as good as I can be. Whether it’s a 50 mile race or seeing how fast I can pass everyone on Farmville. I find something new, research it on the internet, and see how fast I can accomplish the goal. Once I’m happy with the results I move on to the next adventure. A.D.D. at its finest.

25. Probably the only thing in my life I’m not happy about is that I can’t seem to make that last step to quit smoking. I’m fine until I get a couple of beers in me then I start to water at the mouth if I see someone smoking. But I’ve come along way and will keep working at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment